Yeah I kinda liked you but I also kinda liked going to Wendy’s five times a week and I been doing pretty damn good without that so
awesome blog you got here!!! what sort of tips do you have for happiness and confidence, especially for girls of high school age like myself.
I love this question! I actually had the least amount of confidence when I was a sophomore in high school and probably around 165 pounds. I didn’t really learn to love myself until I was quite a bit overweight. It’s easier to take care of yourself when you respect and love your body.
1. Surround yourself with positive people, people who make you feel good. People who deal with you even when you’re kind of shitty.
2. Wear stuff that makes you feel good. Look at yourself in the mirror when you’re having a good hair day. Take cute pictures. Don’t be afraid to be a little narcissistic.
3. POSITIVE SELF TALK. Write that shit down if it helps. Make up an acronym and write it small on your palm i.e. BYBS (Be your best self) ABK (always be kind). Notice when things are good and when you feel good.
4. Remember your progress.
5. Remember you are still learning and growing and it’s SO okay to fuck up a little.
6. Yeah, it feels good to look good, but also strive to be the kind of person who would be beautiful if no one could see.
7. Be thankful. Show your gratitude in every way you can.
This isn’t perfect and I apologize if it’s kind of ramble-y and preachy. These are things that have helped me grow in my happiness and my confidence. You are kind, you are smart, you are important.
Living my best life, being my best self, sending love and positivity to you all!